Friday, September 23, 2011

Training My Eye

I found a blog, Kat's Eye View. I loved the lessons and posts about photography composition, so I decided to take her class, Find Your Eye,
 kat eye view.

The first lesson: create a photo journal. This is my photo journal. I'm excited to start the process of discovering my photographic eye, looking at things in my photography that makes my heart flutter. I'm excited by the process of revealing to my conscious mind what my heart already knows...who I am as an artist and a photographer. When I'm shooting I always know when I get "the shot" I intended to get. It's not always easy and I don't always know it until I see it, but when I see it, I know...does that make sense?

I start this process with two photos I just liked. I didn't post them on my 365 blog because the didn't really have anything to do with my life, but they do have a place in my photographic journey. And now they have a place of their own.



I love this photo. I love the contrast between the busy store front and the calm ocean and beach. It talks to me of consumerism verses freedom.


The light pouring in from the windows and that sweet face drew me in.

1 comment:

  1. The light on the piano is gorgeous -- so is the little expression on that face! I really like the top one too -- the split screen makes for such a nice contrast like you said between consumerism and nature...

    ReplyDelete