Saturday, October 15, 2011

Favorite few

I was in a bit of a slump this week. I had a cold, hubby was out of town, and I just couldn't get inspired. During all this I continued to take photos, carrying on my commitment to my 365, and discovered, when I processed them, that there were a few gems in the bunch.

I'm reading a book about composition and I learned a lot this week. First I learned that corners are key. The author explains that corners are prime real estate for leading the viewer into the photo. The image below illustrates that perfectly! The flowers come from the lower left corner and leads the viewers eye into the center of the photo.



This next photo was taken at my favorite farm and illustrates the gestalt theory. What is the gestalt theory you ask? Well, it contends that the human mind will add in missing visual information based on past experience. In the following photo, the gestalt theory accounts for the human mind connecting the two fences in the photo. The fence on the right connects your eye to the bottom fence and leads your eye to the umbrella. 

This photo I just liked!

And this photo I love. My baby girl is finally growing some hair. It's hard to be 2 1/2 and still waiting for hair. I love the bokeh too.


No comments:

Post a Comment