Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekly Favorites

My intention for this blog is to make it a collection of my favorite photos and to learn from them who I am as an artist. Here are my favorites from this week, the last week of September.

My intention was to capture the contrast between the frilly skirt and the casual beach sand. Her sweet feet were a special bonus.

Like most photographers and mothers, I sometimes leave myself out of the story. The story was my aching stiff neck, but I loved the softness of the photo. And, I gave myself a little pat on the back for making it into a photo.

My aperture was too wide...I didnt' really realized that at the moment. I snapped because the moment was happening and I didn't want to miss it. I love it! Maybe her eyes could have been a little sharper, but I'm okay...actually in love...with the result.

I just love the color and composition of this photo, the lines.

I love this photo because I took it in the parking lot of an abandon restaurant in the middle of town. No kidding! I framed it just right and love that it makes me feel like we are in the middle of a field.

I wanted to capture the clouds, but not alone. I wanted to give them perspective and grounding. I liked the result.

Last favorite of the week...I wanted to capture the float of her skirt as she went back and forth. When I saw the photo on the computer what drew me in was my husband's hands reaching for her sweet feet.

1 comment:

  1. You nailed your cloud picture! There is perspective and grounding and the lines (shoreline, waves, pier, tower) all draw my eyes to the clouds.
    The swinging photos are wonderful & whimsical...
    You deserve a pat on the back for your self portrait. Now, go get a massage and take care of that stiff neck...don't let it get worse. ;-)

    ReplyDelete